The National School Breakfast Programme (NSBP), run by Family Action, is now open for expressions of interest for the new programme that will run from July 2021 to July 2023. Building on the success of the previous programme, there are 2500 places available, providing schools with up to 2 years of support to run a successful and affordable school breakfast provision.
The offer is available to all schools who have 50% or more children in IDACI bands A-F, eligible Opportunity Area schools will be prioritised and schools are still eligible to apply if they were supported by the previous NSBP programme. Schools who are currently being supported by Magic Breakfast will not be eligible.
The National School Breakfast Programme will provide:
- Up to two terms of healthy free food delivered to your school from September 2021 to March 2022.
- Schools will then receive up to four terms of subsidised food, and will be asked to contribute just 25% towards the supply and delivery of breakfast food from April 2022 to July 2023.
- A knowledgeable school support team, will be on hand to provide remote advice and support to help you get the most from your breakfast provision.
- Good practice sharing opportunities, resources and the opportunity to learn from a national network of schools.
- The opportunity to enhance parental engagement on healthy eating and the importance of having a nutritious breakfast each morning.
Schools can sign up to receive the new programme by submitting an expression of interest directly by completing this online form