The North Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area is offering the following free events and activities for schools and settings to sign-up to.
The following list only contains events and activities confirmed to date. This list will be continually updated as more events and activities are finalised.
If you use twitter, then be sure to share your experiences of these events with #MathsMonth
Transport and Cover Costs
The Opportunity Area is also offering 50% travel subsidy for schools and settings bringing pupils to attend events.
If you would like to apply for subsidy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of February with estimated travel costs.
There is also capacity for the Opportunity Area to reimburse schools for cover costs for members of teaching staff. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- This event has passed.
Maths on Toast – Festival of Triangles Teacher CPD
February 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Maths on Toast – Festival of Triangles Teacher Training Day (10th of February)
Maths on Toast is a family maths charity, which exists to transform attitudes to mathematics by making it family fun. Their events and activities aim to broaden perceptions of what maths is; showing it as human, social, all-pervasive and something all can engage in. They work with children, their parents, teachers and the community to deliver positive experiences of the mathematical.
Events and Schools Manager, Francesca Piacentini, will lead a training day in February on the Festival of Triangles kit to provide participants with the tools to plan a successful maths festival in their own school in March.
You will investigate and explore:
- Hands on maths activities provided as part of the Festival of Triangles kit
- Suitability of activities for different Key Stages/Year Groups, including curriculum links
- Work in groups to design an additional activity
You will find out how to:
- Market the festival to engage the whole school community
- Gather evidence and feedback
- Evaluate the festival in relation to your own school targets
You will go away with:
- Festival of Triangles instruction booklet
- A completed planning timeline for your festival event
- A plan for your event set-up
- A completed outline activity plan for your maths week
And, you’ll be all set to run a Festival of Triangles during a week of your choosing in March.
Venue: Downe Arms Country Inn Wykeham
Dates and Times: 10th of February 9:00 – 15:00
Audience: Primary school teachers.
Booking: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place on this teacher training day.